NO ENTRY STANDARDS FOR THE SATURDAY, SATURDAY, JUNE 8 MEET
The Saturday, June 8 meet does not require entry standards to enter, in the interest of giving high school athletes from around the country the best opportunity to compete in this historic meet held for the first time at the world-class venue of Edwards Stadium at U.C. Berkeley.
PLACEMENT IN & ADVANCEMENT TO FINALS INFO (updated 5/17/2013)
TRAVEL EXPENSE COMPENSATION AWARDS (updated 5/17/2013)
Be sure to check this page out to see the wide variety of travel expense awards!
HOTEL INFORMATION (Hotels with discounted rates for GWI participants.)
SATURDAY MEET SCHEDULE (updated 5/17/2013)
SUNDAY MEET SCHEDULE (updated 5/19/2013)
2013 HEAT SHEETS TBA
2013 FLIGHT SHEETS TBA
BOYS ROSTER TBA
GIRLS ROSTER TBA
PARKING NEAR THE TRACK TBA
Edwards Stadium has a 10 lane state-of-the-art track and it is considered one of the finest college stadiums in the country. Only ¼" spikes or racing flats are acceptable.
ENTRIES & PACKET PICKUP
- Entry Info
- Entering the event is by ONLINE ENTRY ONLY.
- Deadline to enter June 3, 2013.
- The entry form is processed electronically and you will be automatically cleared for packet pickup. (tentative)
- Print out and save the electronic receipt. You will need to bring it with you to packet pickup.
- Time & location of Packet Pickup TBA.
- Each athlete receives one admission ticket for an accompanying coach or adult. (tentative)
- Additional tickets may be purchased online, at packet pickup, or at the gate during the competition hours. (tentative)
ADMISSION TO THE TRACK
- Athletes - Admission is via the competition number. COMPETITOR NUMBERS ARE TO BE WORN ON THE FRONT ONLY with the exception of the pole-vault. Competition numbers will be distributed at packet pickup. (tentative)
- Coaches - Enter through athlete gate or normal admission gate and show admission ticket. All others must purchase admission tickets. (tentative)
- Ticket Purchase Info TBA
- Advance ticket purchase TBA.
- Children 18 & younger have FREE admission. (tentative)
- Each athlete will receive one pass ONLY. Please do not request more. (tentative)
WARM UP DURING MEET:
- Athletes' warm up areas TBA
Athletes check in & scratch times TBA.
FIELD EVENT INFORMATION
Javelin Details (tentative)
All implements must meet the specifications defined in the USATF rule book. The USATF javelin must have a "sharp metal head." You can review all of the rules at usatf.org rules.
All implements for competition must meet USATF Rules and must be submitted for inspection at Edwards Field under the tent in the corner of the facility on the morning of the competitions.
A 34.92 degree sector will be used for the shot put, discus, javelin and hammer.
- Womens' Pole Vault tba
- Mens' Pole Vault tba
- Womens' High Jump tba
- Mens' High Jump tba
Vertical Jumps Progression tba.
Performance lists will be posted online before the meet.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the first three places in each event. (tentative)
- Please see "finals /awards" section for additional financial compensation information.